Autumn is finally in the air, for the second time! Here are some of the things I love about autumn:
- corduroy. I will never wear cords in the spring or summer. I break them out in autumn. My preferred cord is a thinner wale word (I just learned that word 3 years ago) in a faded black/dark gray colour. This clutch from MilkandHoneyHandbags on Etsy pretty much says it all…if only it were a skinny pant!
- red leaves. Where I live they are more rare. Most of the trees turn yellow or a depressing brown. I have a lovely clematis on my back fence with all red leaves right now which makes me happy. They are pretty similar to this wonderful photo by RedLeafGallery on Etsy
- warm plaids. I bought a beautiful purple plaid coat 2 autumns ago. It got very cold here very fast so I didn’t get to wear it much. The following fall, I was pregnant. I am excited to finally wear it again! I can’t find any pictures of it online and of course, there are none of me wearing it so use your imagination and then make it 50 times more beautiful and that is my coat!
- cardigans. Being a knitter I love cozy and warm cardigans. This cardigan by knitsbyjessie on Etsy is pretty much my idea of perfection. If you want to get me a Christmas gift, this would be it!
- the smell of winter coming.
- fall food: soups, casseroles, baking, anything that I don’t like to make when I am too hot in the summer!
- making a Halloween costume! I you would consider how I make costumes upcycling because I usually go to value village, buy some random clothes and make a costume from it! This year, I am going to be a werewolf hunter who turned into a zombie. I look forward to seeing all the costumes at the social I am going to!
What do you love about autumn?