I have been busy knitting this month.
I have a Snowflake for my daughter that needs a placket, buttons, and ends sewn in.
This is knit out of Berroco Vintage DK in Dewberry which is a bright pinky/purple colour and a cream or light brown colour that I think it called mushroom. If you have any button recommendations for buttons for this one or the one for myself, PLEASE LET ME KNOW! I’ve been looking but haven’t found anything yet.
I made a Milo for the baby to wear this fall/winter.
I love the Milo because it is a great piece to put over anything and goes with anything. We walk to daycare and it can get VERY cold here so any bit of extra warmth is always welcome! I had almost exactly enough left from my Dewey to make this. There is just tiny bit left.
I did my first test knit. I made a pirate pig for the baby, my daughter wants one now!
It was fun to test this pattern! It is well written and has a stuffing technique I have never used before that I love! I am going to use a version of it for all future toys I knit. And! This is the first time a project photo of mine was used in the pattern page!
And here is the final product of the Dewey I made for the baby.
I love how this looks on my boy! This pattern was supposed to be knit in a fingering weight but I converted it to a DK weight for a faster knit! If you are interested, please look at my project page for notes on my calculations. I love how wide the neck is. I love the cable. I love the yarn. I love every but the sleeves. I with I gave it more ease at the armpits.
Here is the Dewey in action at the cottage on the July long weekend! The baby cannot stay still now!!! He sure keeps me on my toes because his favourite things to play with are things that he shouldn’t be playing with!