Posts Tagged handknit
I had knit it in 6-12 months using cotton with the hopes that my daughter, who was born in December could wear it in the summer. I used the intarsia method as well so it would be only one layer thick which mean I had a lot of little balls of yarn to deal with. I did cheat and carry the cream over the single stitch of brown. Knitting with cotton hurts my hands so. It didn’t make me very happy that she didn’t fit it until the fall/winter and wore it layered over other shirts.
I remember my daughter was such a placid baby and good sleeper that I was able to do the majority of knitting holding her while she slept in my arms!
The good news is that my son fits clothes within the appropriate age range! He is wearing it today for the first time and I am so happy!
I love knitting. I love other people’s knitting. I love Etsy. Here’s some of my favourites!
Can you believe that this gorgeous shop has less than 20 sales? I am in awe of the beauty of this shop. If you see something you like, I recommend that you buy it asap because everything in her shop is either a one of a kind piece or a limited edition! Irene is a fashion design student and if her shop is any indication, she has a great career ahead of her!
Here is another beautiful shop that, surprisingly, has less than 20 sales! This shop is very diverse and fun with its offerings. It also offers one of a kind, unique, and original designs so if you see something you love, you better buy it right away! The designer is also a knitting instructor at her LYS in Pennsylvania. Her designs are inspired by nature and are completely beautiful.
The third shop I was going to feature is on vacation and then I remembered this beautiful shop! All of the lovely items in this shop are handknit by Sunhee Bang. She is an awesome fashion designer who has already embarked on a great career. You can learn more about her at her website. I absolutely love the chunkiness and warmth of her scarves and hats on Etsy.
Do you know of any awesome knitting shops you want to share with me?
Autumn is finally in the air, for the second time! Here are some of the things I love about autumn:
- corduroy. I will never wear cords in the spring or summer. I break them out in autumn. My preferred cord is a thinner wale word (I just learned that word 3 years ago) in a faded black/dark gray colour. This clutch from MilkandHoneyHandbags on Etsy pretty much says it all…if only it were a skinny pant!
- red leaves. Where I live they are more rare. Most of the trees turn yellow or a depressing brown. I have a lovely clematis on my back fence with all red leaves right now which makes me happy. They are pretty similar to this wonderful photo by RedLeafGallery on Etsy
- warm plaids. I bought a beautiful purple plaid coat 2 autumns ago. It got very cold here very fast so I didn’t get to wear it much. The following fall, I was pregnant. I am excited to finally wear it again! I can’t find any pictures of it online and of course, there are none of me wearing it so use your imagination and then make it 50 times more beautiful and that is my coat!
- cardigans. Being a knitter I love cozy and warm cardigans. This cardigan by knitsbyjessie on Etsy is pretty much my idea of perfection. If you want to get me a Christmas gift, this would be it!
- the smell of winter coming.
- fall food: soups, casseroles, baking, anything that I don’t like to make when I am too hot in the summer!
- making a Halloween costume! I you would consider how I make costumes upcycling because I usually go to value village, buy some random clothes and make a costume from it! This year, I am going to be a werewolf hunter who turned into a zombie. I look forward to seeing all the costumes at the social I am going to!
What do you love about autumn?
Hi. I am in the beginning stages of starting my own Etsy shop called Impossibly Alice, which will sell hand knit items. I still have to do research on supplies and any registering I need to go with the government before I start, as well as build up a decent starting inventory. At the same time I am raising a beautiful 5 month old daughter.
Please follow me through this adventure as I set up my site and blog!